Monday, May 7, 2012

Garage Sale Update

So our garage sale was this past Saturday and I could not believe all the donations that friends and even people I didn't know gave to help me raise $ to go to Uganda. It was AmAzInG! My sweet friend, Nicole, had it at her house and her garage was literally overflowing with donations. We were steady with business the entire time. And by the end of the sale, we made $1,600!!! WA HOO! <Happy Dance! Happy Dance!>


Girly Me Missions had their booth there and raised $160! And a sweet little friend of Abby's had a bake sale at her own garage sale and raised $100 for me! That was like giving me a million dollars, I tell ya! Such sweet and giving girls. I love them all and appreciate all their hard work!

When we were singing worship songs at church yesterday, my eyes were filled with happy tears as I thought about how generous and giving everyone was for little 'ole me and great and good God is. I am completely humbled and give all the glory to God.


So after church I attended a meeting about our upcoming Uganda trip and had to pay the rest of my balance. I asked how much I owed and guess what the total was?!?! $1,600!!! Oh, that just gives me chills! I still need to earn about $400 more to not be out of pocket any money but I have faith that will come.

I'd like to thank everyone that had anything to do with our garage sale. You are so appreciated and may God bless you in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment